Chicken of the Woods Noodle Soup
An old home comfort favorite, or the perfect antidote to a head cold, this recipe replaces the traditional chicken with just as tasty Chicken of the Woods.
- 6-8 Cups Veggie Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
Veggies to Mirepoix
- 1 cup chicken of the woods
- 1 small yellow/white onion
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the noodles
- Add the flour, aquafaba, oil, and salt to a bowl and knead together.
- Some flours have more moisture than others, add an additional 1 tsp of olive oil if it is too crumbly.
- Once it is smooth let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out your dough using a rolling pin.
- Get the dough as thin as possible.
- Cut into strips, roll out again to make it even thinner.
- Either lay the strips on a flat surface or use a pasta rack.
For the Chicken of the Woods
- While your dough is resting begin to finely chop your onion, crush and chop your garlic, and roughly chop your carrots and celery.
- Break up your Chicken of the Woods into bite sized pieces.
- Add a small amount of olive or coconut oil to cover the base of a stock pot on medium to high heat.
- Add all of your veggies, your chicken of the woods, thyme, salt, and pepper, and sauté for around four or five minutes until your onions are translucent and your mixture is fragrant.
- Pour in your vegetable broth, stir, and add your noodles
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes
- Garnish when serving with a sprinkle of fresh parsley or thyme