Oyster Mushroom Soup Recipe – Quick and Easy
Watch the full mushroom recipe demonstration on the Foraged YouTube Channel:
Easy Healthy Mushroom Soup
- 1 Pound Oyster Mushrooms, torn into individual pieces. Use as much or as little as you'd like. Plus, you can use any mushroom! Oyster is a favorite, though.
- 1 Piece ginger, sliced. About enough to cover your palm.
- 3 Cup broth (vegetable, chicken, fish, whatever works for you). You can even use water. Broth adds more flavor though, of course!
- 1 Pinch salt.
- 1 Egg egg, whisked. Just use a fork 🙂
- 2 Piece green onion, chopped.
- 1 Splash sesame oil.
- First, prep your oyster mushrooms by tearing the bunch into individual pieces.
- Before turning on your stove, first add the broth to your pot, followed by the oyster mushroom pieces and slices of ginger. Once together, then turn on your stove over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.1 Pound Oyster Mushrooms, torn into individual pieces., 3 Cup broth (vegetable, chicken, fish, whatever works for you)., 1 Piece ginger, sliced.
- After boiling begins, add your pinch of salt and continue boiling for about 2 minutes.1 Pinch salt.
- Reduce heat to medium. In a circular motion, slowly pour the whisked egg into the pot. Wait about a minute for the egg to solidify. Turn off heat.1 Egg egg, whisked.
- With heat off, add the green onion. Then gently stir.2 Piece green onion, chopped.
- Use a ladle or just pour the soup right into your bowl. Add a splash of the sesame oil to top it. Enjoy!1 Splash sesame oil.